Did the Grinch Steal Christmas?

220px-The_Grinch_(That_Stole_Christmas)   Sophie Lancaster The Grinch Stole Christmas.   Or Hanukkah, or Kwanza, or whatever holiday you celebrate in December. It seems almost of the essence to celebrate a holiday this month with the onslaught of homework. When you have numerous articles on your desktop about the possibility of overdosing on caffeine, like myself, you know that you are in desperate need of some holiday cheer. I can imagine that many of my fellow Romans are in the same scenario considering that the most festive things to reach our halls are the seasonal burgundy Starbucks cups.   Despite the snow blanketing the ground and the icy temperatures, Latin seems to have forgotten that we are amidst the holiday season. I know there’s nothing I look forward to more than zoo lights, candy canes, and Christmas music on the radio, but for some reason our school’s heart seems to be two sizes too small this season, as the holidays have barely been acknowledged. We are most likely the only building on North Avenue that does not have some sort of indicator that the merriest times of the year are upon us.   I know we Romans pride ourselves on a rigorous curriculum, but it is that hectic that we can’t have any spirit. I find it increasingly hard to get up in the morning (not only because of Winter Solstice), but because I know another bleak day lies ahead with no signs of stopping (until next Thursday at 3, thank God). To help ease the burden, I know I would love to see some Santa signs, wreaths, and even some gelt would do!   The two instances where I felt the holidays were acknowledged, I know I smiled to myself and took a deep breath because school work can’t last forever. So if you happen to walk by the library say thank you to Ms. Maajid and Ms. Gifford, for decorating their library with something other than mugs and tired expressions. As for Mr. Gilden, his song was vibrant and the highlight of my day! As for all of you Romans, I’m disappointed. I don’t care how stressed you are, this is the happiest time of the year so start acting like it! Be prepared for next year because I will make it my mission to spread some holiday cheer, so ho-ho-ho, go light a menorah, and take a break from your homework just to remember how far you’ve made it. Have a holly jolly Christmakwanzakuh!]]>