Student of the Week: Aidan Hart

Aidan Hart
Senior Aidan Hart reflects on how he wants to be remembered at Latin: “Aidan, he was always a super nice kid.”

This week, meet senior, track state qualifier, Miles Morales fan, and former Latin basketball player Aidan Hart.

Scarlet Gitelson (SG): What music would be playing during your superhero montage?

Aidan Hart (AH): Definitely some Kendrick Lamar. I’d say [“To Pimp a Butterfly”] —something from there.

SG: What’s your favorite lunch served in the cafeteria?

AH: Any sort of bowl, so like if they have a beef bowl or any sort of stir fry, that’s probably my favorite.

SG: What’s your favorite place to study at school?

AH: Definitely the Pit.

SG: What’s your favorite movie and why?

AH: My favorite movie is definitely Miles Morales—”Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”—probably just because I’m a big cartoon person. I like animation, but also I like the story a lot and the music. And the movie’s relevant and really good.

SG: Who has been most important in your life and why?

AH: I’d probably say my older brother, just because, growing up, he was always a really good role model for me. I would just follow whatever he did—whatever he did, I did—so I feel like he’s definitely had the biggest impact on my life.

SG: What do you want people to remember you by at Latin?

AH: Just, “Oh yeah, Aidan, he was always a super nice kid. He said ‘hi’ to me in the hallways.” All that—I feel like that’s the best thing.

SG: What has been your favorite moment of this year so far?

AH: I would say probably track season. So far it’s been the best moments, [and] it’s really rewarding just seeing all the work pay off.

SG: Do you play any other sports?

AH: I also played basketball, but I had a little injury, so I had to sit out. But it was better for track.

SG: If you could do whatever you wanted for one day, what would it be?

AH: Probably go to the Pyramids or something like that, just to see Egypt or some tourist thing.

SG: What place would you most want to visit?

AH: Right now, probably somewhere in Africa. I’ve been there twice, but the first time I went was touristy, and the second time I went was more in the culture—I went to Rwanda. But I would want to go on a better safari, because the first time it wasn’t a great safari, so I would do that again.