Oh, Those Lounges…

Tina Czaplinska & Amanda Gallop Staff Writers One of the only highlights of treading up five flights of stairs everyday as a sophomore is the prospect of throwing yourself down on one of the big chairs in the longue. Granted, it is almost never empty and there are at least seven people to a chair, but it still has a very relaxing vibe about it. A few sophomores, feeling that more could be done for sophomore bonding, decided to make the longue a little more personal. Tybie Geleerd, a current sophomore, is even considering redecorating. She claims, “we want to make the lounge more comfy and relaxed.” Patrick White and Teddy Cohn, also sophomores, take more humorous approaches to the possible transformation of the sophomore lounge. White already decided that “they are going to put baby pictures all over the lounge and call it ‘The Crib,’ no doubt about it.” Cohn, the self proclaimed bouncer adds, “The Crib will unite the grade and that it is a pretty chill idea, but it is an exclusive tenth grade thing.” While ‘The Crib’ may be a sophomore-only type of thing, current Latin seniors are also thinking of making some new changes to the Senior Couches. In an attempt to maximize seat capacity and just change things up a bit, the seniors are looking into refurnishing. Jeremy Porter says, “There have been many ideas thrown out, including sets of bunk beds and orchids atop end table, but that so far there has been little progress.” Regardless of the continuation of these lounge transformations, the one thing that will never change: Only one grade to a lounge!]]>