End of Swimming Season

Ana Pranger This has been an historic season for the girls’ swim team. With ten new freshmen, this year marks the biggest team in Latin School history with 21 swimmers. During the season, the team went to nine meets, with girls dropping time left and right. Latin hosts one invite per year, with five other teams competing. This year, Latin won third place. The last meet of the year was at Jones, a tri-meet against Jones, Walter Payton and Lincoln Park High School. Each race won a certain number of points; Latin beat Lincoln Park 124-84, and Jones/Walter Payton 124-114, ending the regular season on a high note. After the last meet, three freshmen, two sophomores, three juniors and two seniors advanced to Sectionals, which was on November 15th. Latin took 5th place out of 12 teams. Based on her record-making swim in sectionals, Charlotte Rosenberg swam in the State meet in the 200 I.M. and the 100 fly. In the finals for the 200 IM, her race time was faster than her seed time, and she placed 8th, two higher than she was seeded. In the 100 Fly, she also made finals, placing 12th in the entire state. All in all, this season was great for the Latin girl’s swim team. The seniors will be missed and the juniors will be great leaders next year. Thanks to everyone for a great season.  ]]>