Interview with Adriana Durant, Dance

Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 3.02.49 PM   Adriana Durant joins Latin as the new dance instructor. Adriana has an MFA in Choreography from The Ohio State University, a BFA in Performance from Emerson College of Boston, and a K-12 certificate in dance from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. For the past 18 years, Adriana has been working as both a dance educator and artist. She has performed professionally as a member of Mordine and Company Dance Theatreand has been a guest artist for numerous universities, high schools and dance companies.  Her choreography has been commissioned and performed in Chicago, New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., Columbus and Athens Ohio, where she was visiting assistant professor at Ohio University from 2008-2010 and 2012.  Most recently, Adriana was a teaching artist with Hubbard St. Dance Chicago, Chicago Dance Institute, The Old Town School of Folk Music and Striding Lion Performance Group. Adriana continues to teach and perform nationally as a member of Like You Mean It, an improvisational trio focusing on group composition in performance. She is also a recurring guest artist with the annual summer intensive, the Now and Next Dance Mentoring Project.   Click here for interview   *All written bios taken from The Latin School’s website]]>