Class Action

Eleanor Pontikes Class Action, directed by seniors Lila Patinkin and Maya Sibul, is a play about the ups and downs of high school. To go with the theme, the play takes place on the fourth floor of Latin instead of the traditional theater space. When scenes change, the audience will follow along on foot to the next location. Actors will take on different personas of high school students throughout the night. My sister, Natalie, is also a senior, and Class Action will be the first high school play she participates in. When asked what made her want to try out, she said, “I decided to do it because I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone”. And as one of the last performances of the year, Class Action is perfect for her and other seniors who want to take advantage of all the opportunities Latin has to offer before their graduation in June. Sophomore Alexa Ramirez says, “When I heard about the play and how it was going to go I was intrigued because of how atypical it seemed. I wasn’t sure if I should audition or not, especially because I’ve already taken part of 3 other plays this year without a break, but thought why not another one? I guess another reason was because it was a little out of my comfort zone since it’s not on a stage, the audience would move with the actors and the experience overall would be much closer than a typical theatre production. The fact that it was a play about high school was also really appealing because it’s just another way to express our lives as students who have more to them than school. When auditioning, it was nerve-wracking and exciting like any other audition but I really had no idea what the outcome would be, especially since so many talented students auditioned. In the end, I did end up with a part and I am so excited for the show, especially because I am still completely in the unknown on how it will play out and I just can’t wait to find out. I will also get to work with a lot of new people I haven’t gotten the chance to work with, which is one of the best things about doing anything outside of academics at Latin.” Come support Class Action and all its actors by going to see the show. (Dates TBA)]]>