Latin's 2011 New Year's Resolutions

Lindsey Bell Co-Features Editor It’s that time of year! January always brings promises to be broken and resolutions to be forgotten. According to a recent study, 45% of Americans usually set New Year’s Resolutions, of which 34% are related to money, 38% are related to weight, 47% are related to self-improvement or education, and 31% are related to relationships. 3 out of 4 people almost never succeed in achieving their resolutions. Maybe the year 2011 will bring Latin students and faculty more success… “Be more decisive, be nicer to my siblings, and spend less time procrastinating” -Michaella Baker ‘12 “relax more, read more, stay in shape” -Jacob Pritikin ‘12 “step out of my comfort zone and do things I normally wouldn’t” -Emily Schwartz ‘11 “1. go to dinner (without kids!) with my husband more often 2. start exercising (faculty-staff class at latin?) 3. work to reduce anxiety and stress, especially at home 4. improve our financial situation and my feelings about it” -Ms. Warren, faculty “First, I am determined to spend less time looking at a screen and more time connecting with people in person. Second, I am determined to move more slowly, deliberately and thoughtfully through my day at school.  This means for me, in my job, to filter events and requests that come at me, into two categories: important and urgent.” -Mr. Graf, Upper School Director “Be more like the turtleman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8EQ0azXpQ -Evan Dent ‘11 “Be more organized in schoolwork, get community service done” -Oly Huzenis ‘13 “go to more roman sports events” -Otis White ‘13 “Work harder than last year in order to succeed” -Shawn Farsi ‘12 From the little things, like promising to show your school spirit at more basketball games, to larger self-improvement goals, New Year’s Resolutions are a great way to initiate a change in your life, at least for a few weeks.]]>