The Search for the Perfect Face Mask

(Note: Audrey wrote this article for her New Journalism class.) Spring is here, which means it’s time to refresh and rehydrate your skin. Moisture is the key to maintaining a beautiful, healthy glow this season. A complete skincare regime— including cleanser, toner, and moisturizer—is commonly known for drying out skin, no matter the skin type. Finding an effective product to fix this problem may be expensive, but the results are worth it. Skin types ranging from oily to dry make it difficult for one product to work on all different surfaces; however, one way to revive any skin is a face mask. The key to finding the perfect mask is to distinguish what is necessary and what needs improvement for your skin. A commonly known face mask, Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Mask, is a perfect balance for combination of oily and dry skin types. The mask is an all natural mixture of botanicals grown by biodynamic methods used on the company’s farm. If this mask hydrates or dehydrates your skin too much, then find a mask specific to you. Those with dry skin should find a product that hydrates your face without clogging your pores. A favorite mask here at Image. called Beauty Without Cruelty Hydrating Mask leaves your skin feeling replenished and holds moisture in. This mask is blended with natural humectants that focus on drawing moisture to the skin. Other ingredients include sunflower and jojoba oil, which conditions skin. Another commonly used ingredient in preventing dryness are gentle herbs like chamomile and lavender. Mature skin needs a cream that restores nutrients and adds oil. Cell renewal and improving circulation will help make a mature skin type appear younger. A peel-off mask or an exfoliating mask will benefit aging skin because these masks remove dead skin and maintain a natural looking glow. The Rosewater Hydrating Facial Mask from Luminance Skincare is known for being therapeutic and calming for skin. The mask is comprised of rose water, jojoba oil, kukui oil, and argan oil for a luxurious effect. Other effective products to help with anti-aging include retinol based products. Many people dread having oily skin because of the obvious acne that occurs. Fortunately, there are a variety of beneficial products that help minimize the amount of excess oil. The favorite mask at Image. is the Mario Badescu mask made especially for oily skin. The mask is made with clay and calamine to control oils and acne build-up. Your skin will be left looking clean and healthy after using the mask two to three times a week. With skin constantly changing, the search for the right products seems like a neverending hassle. The key to having clear and nourished skin is to avoid abrasive masks that are made with chemicals. Natural products ranging from lavender to clay will not only jumpstart young looking skin, but will also help you achieve the type of skin you want in the future.]]>