The Library Newsletter

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 10.44.18 PM   Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 10.44.23 PM On October 13th, the US Library presents Shark-Tank-winning Chicago start-up company LuminAid to speak at the Upper School Assembly about their company, winning an offer from Mark Cuban on Shark Tank, their path into technology/maker entrepreneurship, and efforts with world aid. Afterward, LuminAid will be available for a Q&A session at the US/MS Library from 10:20am to 11am. In the meantime, please feel free to read the backstory on LuminAid and their founders, Anna Stork and Andrea Sreshta. Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 10.44.31 PM Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 10.44.37 PM #TEDxLatinSchoolChicago Is there a topic or speaker that you believe would be great for Latin? Would you like to have them in for presentation? Is there a topic that you have been researching and developing that you would like to present at Latin yourself? TEDx presents a phenomenal opportunity for our Latin School community to build practice in coordinating events, speaking engagements, and public performance. TEDx is taking flight at Latin once again this school year. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the action! To add your ideas and propose a topic, please fill out this Google Form or reach out to Mr. Langston at the Upper School Library ([email protected]). Don’t know much about TEDx? Catch a few clips at their YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDxTalks]]>