Boys Varsity Golf Gets Off To A Solid Start

Ben Quazzo Co-Editor In Chief [caption id="attachment_591" align="alignnone" width="466" caption="Senior Golf Team Members (from left, Tony Walner, co-captain Matt Weiss, co-captain Matt Gallop, Lindsey Levin, co-captain Andrew Crown, Kyle Lewis, and Michael Malek)"]Senior Golf Team Members (from left, Tony Walner, co-captain Matt Weiss, co-captain Matt Gallop, Lindsey Levin, co-captain Andrew Crown, Kyle Lewis, and Michael Malek[/caption] The Romans Varsity Boys Golf Team headed into this season winning 2 of the past 3 ISL conference titles, and only losing a combined 4 matches in the past 3 years. With only two seniors graduating last year (Pat Doyle and Non Netkalayamit), the current team, captained by seniors Andrew Crown, Matt Gallop, and Matt Weiss, looks prime and ready to take back their title. They got off to a good start in their first match of the year against Guerin Prep High School, defeating the team 154-198. Medalists Crown and Weiss shot 38’s, while freshman Scott Majkowski and sophomore Liam Farley shot 39’s. In their next match, the team destroyed Elmwood Park, winning 159-219. Farley was the medalist, shooting a 36, while Gallop, Weiss, and junior Chris Majkowski shot 40, 41, and 42, respectively. After a tight loss to Oak Park River Forest, 153-151, the team bounced back this past Friday to annihilate arch rivals Parker, 153-188. Farley was once again medalist, shooting a 36, followed by both Majkowski brothers with 38’s, and Weiss with a 41.]]>