Dun Dun Dun

Co-Editor-in-Chief Mr. Dunn is a busy man—and as I’ve recently learned, a busy man with a fantastic office. On our Friday morning meeting, I was flabbergasted upon entering—the multiple pieces of art, the array of beverages, the couches. And, of course, Mr. Dunn himself. In hopes of getting to know him better, I decided to shed some light on some aspects of Mr. Dun that you probably didn’t know before. I hope. I started off with something pretty simple that freshman Sarah Stone recommended I ask him. T: What’s s something on your bucket list? RD: I try to do something that scares me every year. Last year, I participated in a dance competition for the Giordano Stars—fun fact: he won that—and this year I want to start doing Bikram Yoga. I am not flexible at all and that scares me. His first class was scheduled for the 20th of January. T: What did you want to be when you grew up? RD: I didn’t know exactly what I wanted to be all of my life but I always knew that I wanted to work with people in some substantial way. I wanted to work with people to be of assistance to other people. For my Senior Project I actually worked at a Day Care and I think that really sparked my interests. I like being in a school, there are so many different things that you can do here. Then I asked him a question that reminded me of Ms. Warren. T: What is your spirit animal? He first looked at me a little funny but then gave it some thought. RD: Probably a horse. I love horses. I don’t own a horse and I don’t really ride horses but I think they come with a perceived strength. But they’re more complicated than that. I think that when you look at a horse, there is a certain depth in their eyes more than in any other animal. From a person who associates herself with her spirit animal strictly based on the fact that flamingos look funny, I found this answer to be pretty thought out. And finally, I looked to Phoebe Buffet from Friends to ask him the most telling question of all. T: Would you rather eat a seeing eye dog or a talking gorilla? RD: I used to work at Leader Dogs for the Blind, where they essentially breed dogs and train them to serve for that profession. So, I know first hand that there is a multiplicity of them. A talking gorilla though that’s not something you see everyday. That’s pretty amazing. So there you have it folks, all the things you’ve always wanted to know about Mr. Dunn but never really known how to vocalize it. Thanks again to Mr. Dunn for taking time out of his busy day to talk to me, and more importantly to think about talking gorillas.]]>