Thanksgiving Assembly

Sam Cohen Staff Writer This past Thanksgiving, before the Latin Community had the opportunity to spend time giving thanks with their families, we were given the opportunity to see some of the talent that we are thankful to have within the Latin student body. On Tuesday November 24th, the day before Thanksgiving break, The Latin Student government decided to host a Thanksgiving Talent Assembly. This event was highly anticipated by many students including Senior, Max Cohen who said “I’m looking forward to watching my friends sprinkle the audience in awe with their talent.”Indeed the variation of talent shown in 5 acts truly left the audience in wonder and amazement.   A, still nameless, band consisting of Seniors, Mike Ordower, Seth Hoffenberg, Sam Sullivan , and junior Wilson Brehmer,  started off the show with two rock songs that roused the crowd. They were followed by freshman piano prodigy Zinan Huang who played a medley of songs including Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. Following him was Junior Ben Manis who proved his talents on the cello. After Ben’s performance was a ballet dance by Sophomore Rachel Stone, which Mike Ordower called “ Unballet-vable”. Finally Seniors Paul Hinkes, Joe Bucciero, Kyle lewis, and Sophomore Ryan Lewis performed a rendition of Hey Ya by outkast which they dedicated to Amanda Orenstien. “ I was pretty much overwhelmed with their talent” said Sophomore Tina Czaplinska, “I almost had to leave the theatre because I was so overcome by my emotions.”This assembly seamed to please students because it was a break from the usual LIFE assembly. “ As much as I love LIFE assemblies I was ready for something different. This assembly added some spice to my morning and was a great way to lead into a great break!” said Sophomore Eden Schwartz. She adds: “Who knows? Maybe one day one of the students will end up on iTunes just like Mr. Joyce.”]]>