JV Girls Volleyball Wins Home Opener

Mehr Singh Co-Sports Editor Today, the JV Girl’s Volleyball Team won their first home game against Luther North. It was an exciting first match as each player on the team had the task of adjusting to the court and the other team. This year, the JV team has sixteen players, and even though only six players are allowed on the court at once, every player on the team was able to get some playing time. To start off the match, junior Rebecca Rokacz helped the team take the lead with her monster serves. The Romans took the first game 25-13. Lita Araysi, a sophomore who plays setter, had some great serves, as well as high sets, which enabled the hitters on the team to score many points. The second game proved to be a little more difficult. Luther North actually took the lead for a bit, until Latin came back strong with junior Eloise Cotton playing aggressively at the net and making good hits and blocks. Mehr Singh helped out by scoring some aces. The girls finished the match by winning the second game 25-20. JV Coach Woodhouse summed up the match perfectly; “Overall, the win was the effort of the entire team. It was a great first game.” The girls did a great job and we wish them good luck on upcoming games!]]>