Vote Brumjutt

Chris Maurice Latin School of Chicago’s very own Gaurav Goparaju, junior, is in a contest to play this summer at the electronic and house music festival, Spring Awakening, June 13th through 15th at Soldier Field. Gaurav, otherwise know as Brumjutt, is currently in fourth place out of 255 artists, with over 1100 votes. In order to become a finalist in the contest, Gaurav needs to keep getting votes. If he becomes a finalist, judges will choose a winner based on quality of mixing production and overall style. Gavrav is looking to make some noise in the electronic dance music scene, and like all aspiring artists, he needs one shot to kick start it all. Gaurav has been into house music for the greater part of his life. His parents introduced it to him at an early age, and he has been hooked ever since. Gaurav has played at plenty of events and locations, including as Latin’s homecoming and the Awesome Club dance, but being able to play at one of Spring Awakening’s stages at Soldier Field would be a whole new level of performance. After years of watching other DJ’s perform, Gaurav decided to elevate his interest in the music by making his own. He has been producing tracks since his time in middle school. When Gaurav saw the DJ contest for Spring Awakening, he knew it was his big chance to get noticed. Gaurav has been working tirelessly to get to the finals. He sends emails and messages nearly everyday to anyone who he sees in the hallways at school, which include a link to vote for him. Gaurav and his friends also constantly update their Facebook statuses to remind people to vote. Brumjutt is one of the youngest contestants in the contest, and with the continuation of the help from the Latin community, Brumjutt will make it all the way to Solider Field. He has the great music, talent, and the support of the entire community, and he just needs to make it into the top three to make it to the festival. In the future, Gaurav hopes to continue playing at colleges and events throughout the city. Let’s all help make Brumjutt the star this summer at Spring Awakening. Make sure you vote every day at http://www.springawakeningfestival.com/contest/view?entry_id=1085.    ]]>