Snacks With Mack: Best Pho in Uptown

MacKenzie Guynn   Happy (late) Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all had a delicious meal. I know we all just spent a week eating so much food, but this week’s recommendation is a Vietnamese restaurant on Argyle street in Uptown. Its name is Tank Noodle. Admittedly, I have only been here and Le Colonial for Vietnamese food in the city, but that’s because this place is so good I haven’t felt the need to branch out. (I’m serious.) Once you walk in, you are escorted to a table that either has a giant lazy susan in the center or you are sharing with another group. The menu is extensive, to say the least. I would estimate that it has close to 150 offerings, which can be overwhelming. However, the Phở is amazing. It comes in a massive bowl with a plate of garnishes including fresh Thai basil, cilantro, bean sprouts, and limes. Hoisin and chili sauces are already at the table. Add what you like to the bowl and I can assure you it will be delicious. I never make a dent in my bowl but I always leave full and content. If you’re not in the mood for Pho, don’t worry — they have 140 other options, like a page of vermicelli dishes that make my mouth water just thinking about them. I was lucky enough to go to Vietnam on project week last year and I am not kidding when I say the vermicelli at Tank Noodle is on par with the delicious vermicelli I ate in Hanoi. For starters, the spring rolls, Vietnamese pancake, and many others will get you ready for your main course. They also have the sugar cane cokes, nice outdoor seating, and fruit smoothies with tapioca. It is a great place to go with family or friends if you’re in the mood for Vietnamese or to get out of a banal pizza dinner and just want to have fun. ]]>